Wednesday 29 December 2004

the horrible earthquake~

just now watched the channel 8 news with my daddy. Of course these few days the biggest news must be the earthquake at Indonesia. I got the news at sunday afternoon, when my dad’s friend called him and told us that our hometown, Perak experienced the yu2 zhen4. I thought it must be a big eatrhquake, since the Northern part of Malaysia was affected too. Never expected the earthquake was the most serious one during these 40 years and according to the latest figures, it’s about more than 55000 people has died in this earthquake. What a terrible figure, it must be very …… my goodness!

Saw those images shown in the news, those places like Sri Lanka, India, Phuket, Indonesia, are really a mess. All those houses, shops, stalls etc have been destroyed and the whole place is like a real hell. And also I can’t help crying when I saw those corpses, especially those children, they looked so innocent, who can believe that they were all dead ? Most of them went to Phuket just to have their vacation, but who knows, this trip which is supposed to be fun, turned into their nightmare.

Daddy said, he will collect the money from his friends, and then donate them to the organization set up by our deputy PM, I totally agree so, as we are now so safe, can readily sit in our living hall and watch the TV, while the others have already died or missing. Somehow, I think I am really fortunate, after so many events happened, like 911, SARS, bird flu, and also this 8.9 degree earthquake, I am still safe, not even affected by them at all. I think, I should really feel happy for that.

If I can, I hope I can pray for those victims, hope that they can find their missing family as soon as possible, as I know too well, it’ll be too sad to lose your family members. God bless all. Hopefully this terrible earthquake, can totally bring away all the bad omen and bring new hopes to year 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment