Saturday 9 February 2008

The GREATEST & HAPPIEST CNY celebration ever ~~

Initially I was thinking, maybe this year CNY will be quite a sad one because we can't be celebrating with our beloved family members, and will definitely miss the foods and atmosphere in Malaysia etc etc etc...

Thanks to my brilliant P105 batchmates, we decided to organize a GRAND CNY party in H7-H12 of James Blyth Court, and invited the home students and lecturers along as well. Oh well, at first I thought at most 15-20 home students will attend but to my surprise, after Joyce passed the paper down, around 30-40 people wrote down their names, which means about 160 people are gonna fill up the flats!

After discussion, H5-J4 union (= IB me Lash Pavi CChin WeiLi HooiFen) decided to make springrolls and tong-yuen for the party. 120 springrolls and over 200+ biji of tongyuen, you can just see how much EFFORT we put in to make the delicacies !! haha

7:30pm 07/02/2008. More and more people arrived at JBC and all the foods are ready to be served! The party started with a welcoming video made by Fionna & co., with speech from fionna and the video of visit Malaysia 2007, haha, as well as the photos of P105 taken during the 2 & 1/2 years in IMU (sweet memories ^^), followed by the guests indulging in the delicious traditional malaysian chinese foods prepared by P105-ers.

Was really happy that the lecturers actually came and joined us as well, SPECIAL THANKS TO Carol Barnett, Christine Dufes, Alastair Davidson, Sandy Gray & his wife, James Johnson, and Ian Millar !!

And me? besides entertaining the home students and the lecturers, the most important part is of course IAN MILLAR!! haha, well I am the one who invited him over okay? hahaha (kinda so proud of myself, lol) It was so so funny that when Ian arrived in one of the flats while I was at another, basically the WHOLE P105 BATCH was looking for me "where is HuiHoon? Ian Millar is here" haha. As you guys have read my previous post, I FINALLY TOOK PICTURE WITH MY DEAR, haha~~~and also with Mr "Hitam" as well (translate to English yourself pls~~), he is actually very friendly and gentleman, so people, this time I am gonna judge him by myself ^^

Took quite alot of pictures with the home students, lecturers and P105-ers, and really glad that we got really positive feedbacks from them, esp Carol, Christine and Alastair, who actually posted the THANK YOU messages on the SPIDER!! Here are the messages posted:

"We would like to thank you for your warm welcome and hospitality yesterday, as well as for your fantastic food! Your ability to celebrate such occasion in such a friendly manner was a credit to IMU and mainly to you as individuals. We appreciate the opportunity to celebrate with you this important occasion in the Malaysian calendar. It would be nice to think that future cohorts of IMU students will follow this excellent example you have set, and that the celebrations of Chinese New Year will become a firmly established tradition within Strathclyde. "

Best wishes
Alastair and Christine

"Dear Students, I would just like to thank the IMU students for organising such a superb event last night to celebrate Chinese New Year. It was a brilliant evening, the variety of food was amazing and it was great to see the home and IMU students mixing so well together. It was nice to have the opportunity to learn a bit more about the Malaysian culture. Although I think I need a bit more practice with the games! "

Regards
Carol

To my fellow P105-ers, what more can I say? P105 ROCKS!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the most successful CNY party ever, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

p/s: Will upload the pics on the next post asap ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment