Friday 9 November 2007

Deepavali 08/11/2007 - Celebration

I must say, this is the best Deepavali celebration in my whole life. In Malaysia, before I know Lash & Pavi, Deepavali is just another holiday for me...

This year, pity Lash and Pavi for not being able to celebrate this big day with the family, we decided to have a potluck dinner among 3 flats ie H5 J4 & G9...

IMPORTANT!!! please refer to this post for further details on how the whole thing actually ended up and also for those who didn't come for the party, MUST READ~~

Let's see I can remember all the people who came for the party:

Host families:
H5 - AiBee, HuiHoon, Lash, Pavi (4)
J4 - WeiLi, HooiFen, ChinChin (3)
G9 - Edna, ChiaChia, YiWern, Jocelyn (4)

Guests:
Home Student - Gordon, Hassan, Hussein (3)

P105 ( in random sequence ) -
XinYin, PeiLing, VoonYuen, SuAnn, JaYee, Joey, ChoiLeng, KahYee, SookHui, WenJiun, YeeVern, Christine, LeeYin, XinHui, HuiMing, Ron, KhaiYong, SueLi, YiJie, Qristine, LuYi, KhangWern, Sarah, Fionna, Desmond, Darren (26)

Others - May (HuiMing's friend), Merve (J4 housemate) (2)

Altogether 42 of us!!! Anyone I didn't include please let me know, thanks~

The whole living room + 2 kitchens were just PACKED with people and we really couldn't move around freely, but it was a really nice experience as it actually turned out to be better than what we expected. Up-to-super-pro-standard-traditional food, drinks, music, chit-chats, laughters, what more?

Plus, I was really happy when the home students (Gordon, Hassan, & Hussein) told me that they really enjoyed the party and were glad to know more people, because initially I was so scared that they would feel being left out. Luckily, P105 is such a friendly batch that many people actually took the initiative to talk to them, got them involved in our conversation and had fun with us!! haha

The whole party kinda ended at 9:30pm, after the group photos are taken. Thanks for the people who stayed back and helped to clean up, you guys are just so sweet >.<

Photos will be uploaded asap...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun :)

    My depavalee was spent at a orchestra concert :S Trying to be more classy than I actually am :p

    ReplyDelete