Tuesday 7 March 2006

The 78th Academy Awards - The best director: ANG LEE ~~~~

Winners
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN Ang Lee

FILM SYNOPSIS
Two young cowboys in the 1960s develop a strong bond that turns to love over the course of a summer in the Wyoming mountains. As they share herding duties in an isolated setting, Ennis and Jack find themselves drawn into a relationship–made impossible by the time and circumstances in which they live–that will color the rest of their lives.

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
Wow. I wish I knew how to quit you. First of all, i want to thank two people who don’t even exist. Or I should say, they do exist, because of the imagination of Annie Proulx and the artistry of Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana. Their names are Ennis and Jack. And they taught all of us who made “Brokeback Mountain” so much about not just all the gay men and women whose love is denied by society, but just as important, the greatness of love itself. Thank you. Thank you members of the Academy for this tremendous honor. And to everyone at Focus Features, in particular, David Linde, James Schamus, thank you for your love and support. To Bill Pohlad, Tory Metzger, Ira Schreck , Joe Dapello, many thanks, and a special thanks to David Lee. And thanks to my wife, Jane Lin, and my boys, Han and Mason. I love you. On “Brokeback Mountain,” I felt you with me every day. I just did this movie after my father passed away. More than any other, I made this for him. And finally, to my mother and family, and everybody in Taiwan, Hong Kong and China谢谢大家的关心. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment